NECN Executive Director
The Board of Trustees of the National Estate Churches Network (NECN) is pleased to invite applications for the position of part-time Executive Director on a two year fixed term contract.
The role will be responsible for
- overseeing delivery of NECN’s strategic plan
- leading the further development of the network
- leading on local group development alongside estates churches, communities, leaders and dioceses
- building stronger working relationships with ecumenical and secular partners
- working with NECN trustees, strategic partners and funders to ensure the future viability of the organisation.
This role will give opportunity for someone with passion, vision and flair to further develop the profile and impact of estates ministry at a national level, to increase the voice of estate churches and to support the empowerment and resourcing of estate communities.
This is a part-time post, 16 hours pw, which can be worked flexibly both to suit the needs of the post and the post-holder, and subject to the on-going agreement of the Board. Salary for the post is £31,250 pro rata, actual £12,500 pa plus 3% pension contribution. The role will be home-based and involves national travel throughout England and Wales, for which expenses are payable. There is a genuine occupational requirement for the post-holder to be a practising Christian. NECN has an experienced and supportive Board of Trustees who will oversee the role.
Informal discussions regarding the post are welcome; please call NECN Chair, Revd Lynne Cullens, on 07544 350692.
Applications should be returned to NECN Support Officer Christine McAteer on ChristineM@cofebirmingham.com or via post to Revd Lynne Cullens, St Mary’s Rectory, Gorsey Mount Street, Stockport SK1 4DU.
The deadline for applications is 5pm on Monday 28th September; interviews to be held on Thursday 15th October