Fresh Expressions and the Methodist Church are hosting an online gathering to be an online ecumenical ‘brave’ space for church at the economic margin’s advocates and practitioners of fresh expressions of church. You can book your place here.
Fresh Expressions of church at the economic margins
Next online gathering: 7-8.30pm 13th October 2022
Hosted by Tim Lea, Fresh Expressions Networks facilitator and animator and Eunice Attwood, Church at the Margins Officer, The Methodist Church
This event is open to all denominations. It is for:
- Church at the economic margin practitioners: People who are nurturing communities amongst people experiencing poverty
- Church at the Margins advocates: People who oversee practitioners, or are influencers in developing work, overseeing policy, or releasing resources.
The aims of the gathering are:
- To share what we are noticing about new ways of being church in our communities amongst people experiencing economic poverty
- To reflect on the lived experience of people experiencing poverty
- To reflect on nurturing small groups, connecting with our communities beyond the walls of church buildings
- To reflect on the fresh expressions of church journey and values in way which might lead to serving neighbour and neighbour loving Jesus
- To learn from each other, share good practice and resources
- To be honest about the challenges
- To witness to the need for the wider church to be changed by the gifts of people at the economic margins
- Move beyond the middle-class norms dominating fresh expressions of church in some people’s minds
- There is a real crisis emerging in the cost of living across the UK will result in greater numbers of people being destitute and people experiencing poverty in greater numbers
- To pray for another
- To build a network which has experience and wisdom to share.