Fundraising in less affluent areas
Ecclesiastical have some helpful fundraising resources on their website.
They have recently produced a guide giving specific help and assistance to churches fundraising in less affluent areas. It covers topics such as:
- Making a community impact
- Asking the community
- Utilising the different ways people can give
- Building a fundraising team
- Finding donors outside of your community
- How to write grant applications
They also have a list of grant funders that support churches and are currently offering grants.
Webinar – Funding Applications: A practical guide
Benefact Group have published a webinar with fundraising expert, Layla Moosavi from Directory of Social Change, who shares good practice for writing funding applications. The webinar covers:
- How to define funder priorities
- Key information you need to collate for your proposals
- What is the difference between what trusts and foundations need and what corporate sponsors need in written applications
- What is a Case for Support and how do you use it in your proposals?
You can find more funders and resources in the NECN directory.