Would you like to work for NECN? We’re looking for a new Support Officer to take over from Sarah in the autumn, she will confirm it’s a very varied job with never a dull moment!
This is a role for someone with a passion for administration and communication to support the Executive Director and Board of Trustees of the National Estate Churches Network in delivering our vision to see estates enabled to become fully ALIVE in Christ.
General administration for the Executive Director and Board of Trustees to include;
- being the first point of contact for queries from estate church leaders
- proactive calling estate church leaders to introduce them to NECN
- arranging meetings/conferences with venues and attendees/speakers
- taking minutes of meetings
- managing the mailing list in line with relevant data legislation
- proactively contacting estate clergy to share the vision and aims of NECN
- ensuring statutory charity returns are completed to schedule
- reporting monthly progress against the strategic plan
Supporting the Executive Director in producing and distributing the monthly newsletter
Drafting, producing and uploading external communication materials and publicity for the website, social media and YouTube channels
Undertaking projects and other duties as directed by the Executive Director
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate will have:
- An understanding of, and sympathy with, our Christian ethos and values
- Experience of general office administration – charity experience particularly welcomed
- The ability to handle queries and proactively contact a wide range of people at different levels using a variety of communication methods
- Attention to detail and understand the importance of accuracy
- Good experience in using Microsoft Office 365 tools (including SharePoint)
- Good experience of creating and uploading content using WordPress (website) and creating content on social media platforms (Facebook/Twitter)
- Excellent planning & organisational skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Experience in handling sensitive and confidential information with discretion
- Experience of using website and social media channels for effective communication
- The ability to work independently/remotely as well as contributing to the success of the team
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt as priorities change
Terms and Conditions
Salary: £21,000 pro-rata (£8,400 actual)
Working Hours: 14 hours per week – flexible working pattern and home based
Pension: 3% employer contribution (+5% employee) to NEST Pension Scheme
Holidays: 25 days pro-rata + statutory holidays
Home based. NECN will supply a laptop/monitor and appropriate office furniture plus a mobile phone.
There may be the need for occasional travel that may also require overnight stays for which full travelling expenses will be provided in line with NECN’s policy,
Please provide a CV with a covering letter (no more than two sides of A4) explaining why you have the skills and experience for the role. Please email to HHenry@Chelmsford.anglican.org in the Bishop of Barking’s Office no later than Monday 9th October at 0900 BST.
Interviews will be held on-line w/c 16th October.