Evangelism Enabler (5 year Fixed Term Contract)
Full time – 35 hours per week Salary from £27,477
At St Francis Church we long to see South Strood transformed by the good news of God’s Kingdom and to help with that we are looking for an Evangelism Enabler to join our team.
The parish of St Francis in Strood Kent is home to some 15,000 people and is set to grow. The area the church is based in is one of relatively high deprivation and issues of loneliness, mental health, and disability, alongside children and older people living in poverty are all high.
We are seeking an Evangelism Enabler to lead and enable delivery of outreach and evangelistic activities and events in the estates immediately surrounding St Francis in order to grow the church.
• Establish a pattern of regular and one-off opportunities and events that enable the Good News to be shared
• Reach the areas and people who are as yet unknown to the worshipping community
• Develop good relationships with community stakeholders as well as the residents of the parish
• Work alongside the vicar and ministry team to shape and deliver the vision at St Francis, particularly that relate to the nature, needs and opportunities of the local estates
• Be part of the leadership of the church
• Build, lead and equip individuals and teams to engage in evangelism opportunities; including the development of a Messy Church in a local school, and small groups for unchurched and dechurched local people
Candidates will have a sense of calling with giftings as an evangelist, with a demonstrable track record of helping people find faith, and be skilled in encouraging others to mature and realise their God given gifts.
Successful candidates should have:
• An assured theological grasp of ministry in an urban area
• The ability to draw upon creative ideas to enable engaging and interesting events and opportunities for people to be part of
• An active and infectious prayer life
• And be a confident self-starter.
The post holder will, at times, be the public face of the church in Strood, it is considered that there is a Occupational Requirement (OR) for the postholder to be a communicant member of the Church of England, or of a Church in communion therewith or of a member Church of the Council of Churches for Britain and Ireland or of Churches Together in England, or of a member Church of the Evangelical Alliance.
Ordained and Lay applicants are welcome. If you are ordained, please contact us to discuss the terms of the contract in advance of applying.
The appointment is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS disclosure.
To apply, please go to: https://pathways.churchofengland.org/job/pathways/1564/evangelism-enabler
If you have any questions about the role or application process, please contact the HR department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Friday 17 January 2020 Interviews to be held on: Tuesday 28 January 2020